HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Vote_lcapHow to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Voting_barHow to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Vote_lcapHow to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Voting_barHow to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How to add weight to wet clutch

Go down 
+17
09-rhino700
chuddly
txgrown1404
Dizzledog1
ASPENDELLROVER
scottwv
Workhorserhino
foyota86
Deuces wild
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
hymarker
REDRHINO64
rhino727
DEZLFREK
madmax 1
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Stuntmanmike
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
txgrown1404

txgrown1404

How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Stuntmanmike wrote:
http://www.rhinoforums.net/how/65027-add-weight-wet-clutch.html

This is a post I wrote awhile back on RF, This is a sure fire way to get alot more bottom end, and reduce power loss thru the entire RPM band.

hey mike can you post those pics on here because everytime I click on the the link it say its missing they mave broke the rules...   haha  really that's what it says   thanks
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 5:32 pm

I did this to my wet clutch when I put my new one in last night....It made a HUGE difference.  Takes off nice and smooth now and launches much faster/harder.
Back to top Go down
09-rhino700

09-rhino700

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 5:58 pm

it won't let me view the pics in the other forum....
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:16 pm

Here is Stuntmans write up from the RF............

I have recived numours requests on how to add lead weight to the wet clutch, So I have put some Pic's together to help. Adding weight to the wet clutch does basicly two things, It engages the clutch earlyer for better bottom end take off, And helps stop the clutch from sliping under a load. This was an experiment I tryed when I was Mud racing and it made a Huge differance. I now perform this mod on everyday riders and they all love it. As the pics show, disasemble the top of the wet clutch, Measure out 6 to 7 grams of lead for each hole, use a bent spoon and torch to melt the lead and then pour into each hole in the clutch shoe. If you melt it in you dont need to secure it with anything. then put the plates and spring back on top of the clutch. One warning, on the 700 shoes they have a slot at the bottom that might let some melted lead out, If it does just re melt it and pour it back in the hole. If you have any questions feel free to call me. My # is on my profile. Good luck, Mike

How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 31622d1355692252-add-weight-wet-clutch-img_1260

How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 31623d1355692252-add-weight-wet-clutch-img_1261

How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 31624d1355692252-add-weight-wet-clutch-img_1264

How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 31625d1355692279-add-weight-wet-clutch-img_1265

How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 31626d1355692279-add-weight-wet-clutch-img_1266
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:03 am

no pics came up larry
Back to top Go down
ChrisH

ChrisH

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:55 am

The pics were showing up ;ast night. And all of a sudden, I noticed a lot of pics are not showing up.
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 10:48 am

Interesting. Those pix are on the RF net site. It might be that they are being blocked. A posessiveness thing?

If you need them, you can put the mouse cursor over the red X and right click. Hit 'properties' in the list, swipe the url text and copy. Paste them onto the address bar in a new tab in your browser.

Here is one of the pix:

http://www.rhinoforums.net/attachments/how/31625d1355692279-add-weight-wet-clutch-img_1265.jpg

Last edited by SteveS on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Firefighter

Firefighter

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:04 am

Let me try to reload them. Let me know if they show up........

How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Img_1216

How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Img_1217

How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Img_1218

How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Img_1219

How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Img_1220
Back to top Go down
SteveS

SteveS

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 11:07 am

Firefighter wrote:
Let me try to reload them. Let me know if they show up........
They are showing just fine, and not oversized, to boot! I see that you moved them to a safer host site, Thanks!
Back to top Go down
09-rhino700

09-rhino700

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:22 pm

going to attempt this when I get my jbs  sheave,  and do a oil change
Back to top Go down
txgrown1404

txgrown1404

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:59 pm

do you have to be precise with the amount in each hole?  you say 6 to 7 grams but do the all need to be the same in each hole.  gonna be sluggin my wet clutch this evening
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 2:13 pm

I slugged mine and i added 6.5 grams to each of my holes...It is great
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:14 pm

txgrown1404 wrote:
do you have to be precise with the amount in each hole?  you say 6 to 7 grams but do the all need to be the same in each hole.  gonna be sluggin my wet clutch this evening

Let me know what you think I am getting mine done next week while I am out of town I bought the KMS kit and just happens I need an oil change so getting it done as well. I have been reading on it for days now but most guys just say "Its great" but dont really go into details.
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:42 pm

what kind of details do you want?  The clutch engages much quicker and feels like it grabs much better with less slippage.  Its pretty simple to do if you can pull your sheave you can do this.  Top end didnt get effected at all.  Im not a mud rider so i cant comment on that.  If you want to slide the back end around its much easier now.
Back to top Go down
09-rhino700

09-rhino700

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 5:46 pm

I've heard the kms  kit isn't as perfect as they say..... loose fitting brass slugs..    that's y I'm doin it myself. (well gunna try)......
Back to top Go down
txgrown1404

txgrown1404

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:38 pm

yeah I heard the kms kit slugs aren't snug.  that's why im melting lead in mine.
Back to top Go down
09-rhino700

09-rhino700

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 7:59 pm

let us know how it goes!
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 12:41 am

its real easy to do , some one asked about keeping the same weight per hole
 mine I scaled each till they where identical . my thinking was that its a rotating shaft
 an if the weights are not the same it could cause vibration maybe out of balance ,
 that's my 2cents
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 1:29 am

chuddly wrote:
what kind of details do you want?  The clutch engages much quicker and feels like it grabs much better with less slippage.  Its pretty simple to do if you can pull your sheave you can do this.  Top end didnt get effected at all.  Im not a mud rider so i cant comment on that.  If you want to slide the back end around its much easier now.

how great is it? gives us all the details..lol...next sheave service its on over here in CA..lol
Back to top Go down
chuddly

chuddly

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 8:18 am

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
chuddly wrote:

how great is it? gives us all the details..lol...next sheave service its on over here in CA..lol
make sure you order the gasket from James....youll need it.

Also its as great as great gets.  You get added performance for little to no money (just the price of the gasket and anyone can get enough lead for free to do this.  But dont let your wife see you steal a spoon to melt lead.  She WILL get mad
Back to top Go down
txgrown1404

txgrown1404

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 1:56 pm

well got my wet clutch out and and im about to slug and I was wonder if my  clutch is ok .  here are few pics.  any help will help

How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Wet111

How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Wet310
How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Wet210
Back to top Go down
thePayne

thePayne

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 5:27 pm

Well I got my KMS slug kit put in last week while I was out of town and I picked it up Friday afternoon when I got back and had the chance to ride it some this weekend. So far so good I like it I will say I did notice before the install I seemed to have more of a jump off the line feeling when I stomped the pedal from a dead stop which I like to relate to as popping the clutch feel and now not as noticeable more of just a soon as you touch the pedal you immediately go. I also noticed since my rhino is heavy it seems to put more of that stock light weight, no accessories, factory wheels and tire peppy feel back into it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to add weight to wet clutch   How to add weight to wet clutch - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to add weight to wet clutch
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2