HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 40 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 40 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Vote_lcapHunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Voting_barHunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Vote_lcapHunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Voting_barHunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again

Go down 
+25
madmax 1
REDRHINO64
foyota86
Big Dog Daddy
RedRhino
EddieMc
Jet
Workhorserhino
rhino727
banchee6
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
ASPENDELLROVER
RHINOMOON
KJrhino
Deuces wild
Stuntmanmike
JBFIREMAN
hymarker
123.bert0621
honda450sfm
slomo
scottwv
Hump
Mrs. Hot Rod
WV Hot Rod Rhino
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Snorider

Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again   Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:06 am

banchee6 wrote:
I just pulled off a Hunterworks junk ass sheave and replaced it with a HOTROD one last week..... He was suprised to see the small groove cut in the belt..... As James told me it would do and the look on his face when he actually seen it ...... PRICELESS

Also switched to the MSD 3D instead of the pc3 with autotune that would only let him do 25 mph that dipshit sold him as well....What a dick....

James got my rhino and a few others with us Competely right... Im so impressed with the power increase with just a weight swap.... Cant wait for my cam to get here and my 3D....... Thanks again buddy....

Oh, i have a New and Improved Hunterworks Sheave for sale... Make offer.................................................. lol!lol!

LMAO I'll also have one for the scrap bucket.......... or sale when I can afford to hand some coin over to james and get his.
Back to top Go down
bricemcpheeters

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again   Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:54 pm

Here's a good one. OP is smoking belts left and right under normal driving conditions (hunterworks sheave) Initially parts are damaged on the secondary, they replace them, and it still does it. Todd then says it may be the 1 1/2 snorkels. so Here is the rest of the thread:

Quote: Originally Posted by bricemcpheeters
I have 1 1/2" snorkels on mine and beat the piss out of it. There shouldnt be any smoke caused by that, I've never even even seen mine smoke in a bind. but to be sure pull the cover off or even just the snorkels. Gotta make small steps and slowly check stuff off.

Off of what Todd said it sounds like something is binding and the secondary plates are getting stuck a bit farther out. I would pay close attention to your actions so when it start smoking so you know right before it smokes what you were doing (ie just hit the gas hard and now just driving smooth). That may give more insight into the cause.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hunterworks
I had a rhino in the shop with 2" bought ones not homemade, got so hot from lack of air the grease in the primary melted, turned to oil and got all over everything. It appears some people can get away with them and some can't. So with him we are first checking all parts out, removing snorkels from cover just trying to find the source.

He has already taken secondary apart, cleaned it and regreased it.

We will talk again today but if his cam plate is hurt or the cogs messed up then it points to it not being tight or something else. If all things are working right and fitting right then the snorkels must be it and by removing them from cover should show us.

I am thinking he has two issues, something is in wrong, something is binding, somthing is slipping etc and the small amounts of air going thru.

I promise we WILL figure it out!!

Todd

WTF.... Aren't the stock breathers 1 3/4" or 2" LOL
Back to top Go down
123.bert0621

123.bert0621

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again   Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 11:45 pm

Srtip out all that stuff go with what works,J.B.S and O.E.M belt.
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again   Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 2:31 pm

more BS from the one and only guy who invented the overdrive weights.....

Today
we have only one real competitor in the machined sheave business, other
than this one, all others that I know of are still using old ideas and
rhino sheave to machine instead of Grizzly sheaves. This one competitor
actually has a good sheave, but it is absolutely no better and ours
still edges it out in bottom end and top speed.

Trust
me, if we could make it better and someone else figured something else
we did not then we would simply adapt their way of doing it and thru
extensive testing nothing is better than ours.
Back to top Go down
mike734

mike734

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again   Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:07 pm

we should send hw a formal invitation to the oct ride.
Back to top Go down
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Admin
WV Hot Rod Rhino

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again   Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:24 pm

ask him how his did in the baja...lol
Back to top Go down
ASPENDELLROVER

ASPENDELLROVER

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again   Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 5:56 pm

but he is in Aruba, teaching guys how to work on rhino's...lol
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again   Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 6:59 pm

what a know it all queer Wink
Back to top Go down
scottwv

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again   Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:54 pm

ASPENDELL ROVER wrote:
but he is in Aruba, teaching guys how to work on rhino's...lol

I think he's just "misunderstood"... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again   Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunterworks misleading rhino owners again
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3