HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 36 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 36 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Vote_lcapholes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Voting_barholes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Vote_lcapholes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Voting_barholes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes

Go down 
+3
jaydog13
thekrust
slomo
7 posters
AuthorMessage
slomo

slomo

holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes   holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Has anyone drilled out their carb slide air bleed holes and modified the spring? If so how did you like it and do you have to rejet for this mod or is it not worth the effort thanks
Back to top Go down
thekrust

thekrust

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes   holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:50 pm

I did mine - trying to get past the mid range lean stumble with the snorkle on it, didn't really seem to change much but haven't had it on a good tour yet. It should be better tho even if not fully cured.
Back to top Go down
jaydog13

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes   holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 8:54 pm

I love it but I have a 3" snorkel. don't know how it will work without. start with a 3/32 on one hole try it then the next hole. if you like it try one hole at 1/8. I had to take both of mine to 1/8, what a difference. went from a hesitation on bottom to spinning on asphalt on bottom
Back to top Go down
ALBANATE

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes   holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:18 pm

Would not recommend doing it unless your intake dictates it. Can be a nightmare to get tuned on a stock airboxed rhino.

Nate
Alba Racing
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes   holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:44 pm

X2 on Nate, I did mine for the snorkel issues , i drilled both of mine to 1/8 stuntman Mike may chime in
Back to top Go down
slomo

slomo

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes   holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 12:08 am

Thanks for the replies, will leave stock for now
Back to top Go down
thekrust

thekrust

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes   holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 1:08 am

So after riding again with holes drilled I'm going to say if you have a 660 with snorkel's...drill them out and enjoy. It fixes those goofy probs and seems to be da chit! Will continue to go from here if anything negative comes up will let you know.
Not snorkeled...don't go here!
Back to top Go down
slomo

slomo

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes   holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks not snorkelled yet
Back to top Go down
Stuntmanmike

Stuntmanmike

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes   holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Pretty much only needed when you run a snorkel.
Back to top Go down
foyota86

foyota86

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes   holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:02 pm

Well I jumped the gun and drilled mine. I have no snorkel and really don't plan too, unless someone figures out nice clean setup. I really can't tell much difference, only maybe when at idle, it doesn't seem to idle as well as before drilling. I did replace the throttle cable (local guy had a brand new spare for 20 bucks, sold his rhino) and it did make a HUGE difference. Response is awesome and it revs so quick now. I did try adjusting, but never could get to WOT with having too high of idle. I have about 2600 miles on it and the cable had stretched a good bit over time. Recommend replacing cable on a machine with that many miles or less (I guess), BIG DIFFERENCE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes   holes - Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on drilling slide air bleed to 1/8 inch holes
Page 1 of 1