HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HOTRODRHINOFORUMS.COM

Yamaha Rhino

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Events  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the forum!! also check us out at hotrodforums.net

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 207 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:13 pm
Latest topics
» forum back open for posting
Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 1:17 pm by RADICAL RAM

» rhino 660 hid visionx headlights for sale
Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:54 pm by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» New JBS Extreme sheave milling
Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:28 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» NEW FORUM!
Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:35 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Forgot what the new sites name is?????
Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 10:59 am by WV Hot Rod Rhino

» Truck picture thread.
Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:33 am by Tacoclaw

» go to new forum for tonight
Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:50 am by chuddly

» First rhino 09 450
Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am by chuddly

Top posters
WV Hot Rod Rhino
Front diff will not unlock Vote_lcapFront diff will not unlock Voting_barFront diff will not unlock Vote_rcap 
madmax 1
Front diff will not unlock Vote_lcapFront diff will not unlock Voting_barFront diff will not unlock Vote_rcap 
REDRHINO64
ASPENDELLROVER
T.Rhino
123.bert0621
Firefighter
rhino727
CUSTOMIZEDRHINO13
flimmy
Most Viewed Topics
Rhino 700 Electrical Problem - Solved!
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
NEW FORUM!
Sand Reeper
Hello hot rod forum
09 700 not charging when running
What will be edited to the new 'Hot Rod Forum'
go to new forum for tonight
Want Some Bigger Tires for the Rhino
How To Check Your Rhino 700 TPS
Most active topics
1st Annual Hot Rod Rhino Forums Ride Oct 4th-6th
ALBA 734 Big Bore for 2011 Rhino 700
Picture Gallery
Truck picture thread.
What do you do for a living ?
New Yamaha SXS coming June 11 2013??.
EZ Steer Power Steering install
BUMPERS rhino.... evergoing build thread
Looking for a better holeshot
Show Your House/Compound
Top posting users this week
No user
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Front diff will not unlock

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
slomo

slomo

Front diff will not unlock Empty
PostSubject: Front diff will not unlock   Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:03 pm

My front diff feels like it is in diff lock in 2wd electrically it's good do I have to pull the diff to check it out or is this normal never noticed until I was on the road to the next area today
Back to top Go down
rhino727

rhino727

PostSubject: Re: Front diff will not unlock   Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 7:32 am

not norm sure the servo is working to disengage ? should be able to hear it engage / disengage
Back to top Go down
chalkminer

chalkminer

PostSubject: Re: Front diff will not unlock   Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 1:45 pm

Try putting it up on jack stands and check to see if it is actually locked or 4wd or both.  Have you driven it much on the road before?  The rear axle alone will make it feel kind of locked on the pavement. Does the indicator show that it is always locked?
Back to top Go down
slomo

slomo

PostSubject: Re: Front diff will not unlock   Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 3:04 pm

No I don't drive on pavement was the first time and the indicator on the dash is not on, I get the rear feeling like that it was the front seemed to push like it was locked in but I am on my way out to jack it up and investigate further I gather the front wheels should spin free of each other when unlocked
Back to top Go down
chalkminer

chalkminer

PostSubject: Re: Front diff will not unlock   Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 6:35 pm

Yes, you should be able to jack one wheel up and turn it.
Back to top Go down
slomo

slomo

PostSubject: Re: Front diff will not unlock   Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Nothing all seems good jacked it up checked everything found my front left bearing getting loose but other than that must have been the pavement as like I stated never driven on it with it before lol thanks  everyone and I'm sure the mud tires don't help lol thanks all
Back to top Go down
chalkminer

chalkminer

PostSubject: Re: Front diff will not unlock   Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 1:02 am

Yep, the rear axle is always locked.  Add a set of grippy mud tires, and it will fight you when you try to turn.  You have to get one of the tires to break traction.
Back to top Go down
madmax 1

madmax 1

PostSubject: Re: Front diff will not unlock   Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 2:43 pm

slomo wrote:
Nothing all seems good jacked it up checked everything found my front left bearing getting loose but other than that must have been the pavement as like I stated never driven on it with it before lol thanks  everyone and I'm sure the mud tires don't help lol thanks all
glade to here it's nothing serious, they can act squirlly on asphalt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front diff will not unlock   Front diff will not unlock Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Front diff will not unlock
Page 1 of 1